From Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CGI mapping portal
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 05:58:14 GMT
Hi Roger,

I haven't given up on this, I'm just not working full time on it. Your
method seems to work. The MapServer executable is run when placed in the
directory cgi-bin. But the request parameters in the url are not included in
the QUERY_STRING. I saw some code referring to the portlet session and the
perl parameters. I don't know how to set these.

Since this CGI is interactive(zoom, panning, and queries) it needs a url
prefix that is used to request these functions. This is specified by a http
query parameter. I thought of using the psml url but then realized that this
is different for full screen view and the small view.

I have also taken the approach to create a MapServer bridge from the Perl
bridge code. This works but I still have the problem of specifying an
interactive url that works with different size portlet screens.

I will open an enhancement in JIRA if you all think this would make an
interesting contribution. I read about a Portlet project at Apache for
portlet applications ready to be installed in any Portal engine. Any news
about this?

Philip