From James Liao <jian.l...@gmail.com>
Subject JSF Portlet broken after upgrade to myfaces-1.1.0
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 09:20:55 GMT
All,
When I try to access jsf portlet, I got this exception:
JetspeedRequestDispatcher failed to include servlet resources. (details
below)
Exception: org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: Cannot set PortletRequest Property

Stack Trace:
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java
:372)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:696)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:585)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:510)
org.apache.jetspeed.dispatcher.JetspeedRequestDispatcher.include(
JetspeedRequestDispatcher.java:65)
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.PortletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(
PortletExternalContextImpl.java:409)
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(
JspViewHandlerImpl.java:234)
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.PortletViewHandlerImpl.renderView(
PortletViewHandlerImpl.java:132)
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:300)
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet.process(FacesPortlet.java:455)
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet.doView(FacesPortlet.java:277)
javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)
javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletInstance.render(
JetspeedPortletInstance.java:96)
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.doGet(
JetspeedContainerServlet.java:224)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:696)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:585)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:510)
org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.invoke(
ServletPortletInvoker.java:212)
org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.render(
ServletPortletInvoker.java:125)

The root cause of this exception seems to be a known issue in class:
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.PortletExternalContextImpl, method:
getRequestHeaderMap()

Once I switch back to myfaces-1.0.9, everything is ok. I also checked the
myfaces code for class:
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpl, method:
createResponseWriter(...), there is the different between 1.0.9 and
1.1.0which caused the problem.

maybe need another hack to fix it.

- James Liao