From "Sujit Menon" <suj...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Memory leakage in Jetspeed
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:53:48 GMT

Hi randy,
I have a similar scenario. the problem is the memory leakage is coming when we give continuous
hit to the server . Can you tell me how to implement jsessionid cookie?

Regards
Sujit
-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Watler [mailto:watler@wispertel.net]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 1:46 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Memory leakage in Jetspeed

Sathish,

You must implement JSESSIONID cookie handling in your stress/load tests
or you ARE creating a new session per request. Also, JVMs do not give
back memory until they feel it is necessary to do so... normally on
major collections and only if the JVM is run in "server" modes.

We are more than willing to help substantiate your claims so that we can
fix the product if there is indeed a memory/session issue, but we more
details concerning the testing you are doing to make much more progress.

Randy

Sathish Kannan wrote:

>Thanks.
>I am using Jetspeed2.
>
>I am not able to understand  "Are you returning either the JSESSIONID cookie or ;jsessionid
in the url for subsequent requests?"

>How do I check this?
>
>We are not creating session for every request.  When user logs in session will be created
>

>Thanks and Regards
>Sathish

for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.