From "Sathish Kannan" <sathi...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Memory leakage in Jetspeed
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:08:18 GMT

Thanks.
I am using Jetspeed2.

I am not able to understand  "Are you returning either the JSESSIONID cookie or ;jsessionid
in the url for subsequent requests?"

How do I check this?

We are not creating session for every request.  When user logs in session will be created

Thanks and Regards
Sathish

-----Original Message-----
From: Santiago Gala [mailto:sgala@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:24 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Memory leakage in Jetspeed

El jue, 01-09-2005 a las 15:05 +0530, Sathish Kannan escribió:

> Hi
>
> I am getting some memory leakage when I run JetSpeed

Jetspeed 1 or 2? which version?

> I have executed a shell script that uses curl and execute continues
> multiple loading of the jetspeed page. For every page that is viewed,
> there is a 40 to 50K memory leak that never appears to be freed up.

Are you returning either the JSESSIONID cookie or ;jsessionid in the url
for subsequent requests?

If not, each request will be starting a new session, which takes a fair
amount of resources, and by default those resources won't be released
until after it times out (30 minutes by default in tomcat). Tomcat
manager can tell you how many sessions are active for a given webapp.

Regards
Santiago

> Is it a known issue.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Sathish

> This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.

VP and Chair, Apache Portals (http://portals.apache.org)
Apache Software Foundation