From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Memory leakage in Jetspeed
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:54:05 GMT
El jue, 01-09-2005 a las 15:05 +0530, Sathish Kannan escribiĆ³:

> Hi
>
> I am getting some memory leakage when I run JetSpeed

Jetspeed 1 or 2? which version?

> I have executed a shell script that uses curl and execute continues
> multiple loading of the jetspeed page. For every page that is viewed,
> there is a 40 to 50K memory leak that never appears to be freed up.

Are you returning either the JSESSIONID cookie or ;jsessionid in the url
for subsequent requests?

If not, each request will be starting a new session, which takes a fair
amount of resources, and by default those resources won't be released
until after it times out (30 minutes by default in tomcat). Tomcat
manager can tell you how many sessions are active for a given webapp.

Regards
Santiago

> Is it a known issue.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Sathish

> This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.