From James Liao <jian.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r202133 - in /portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed: services/title/DynamicTitleServiceImpl.java velocity/JetspeedPowerToolImpl.java
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:04:01 GMT
Hi all,
I think the optimize for DynamicTitleServiceImpl have a problem.
If a portlet's Resources doesn't contain javax.portlet.title property,
the portlet will lost its title. For example, almost all the
Administrative portlet have this problem.

I have do a little bit investigated on it. I found the cause of this
is in LanguageImpl and LanguageSetImpl. The LanguageImpl's method:
setTitle(), setShortTitle() and setKeywords() will not set the value
into DefaultsResourceBundle object's defaultValues Map.

So can not use the LanguageSetImpl's createLanguage method like this:

createLanguage(lang.getLocale(), loadResourceBundle(lang.getLocale()),"","","");
language.setTitle(lang.getTitle());
language.setShortTitle(lang.getShortTitle());
language.setKeywords(StringUtils.join(lang.getKeywords(), ","));

Should be used like this:
createLanguage(lang.getLocale(), loadResourceBundle(lang.getLocale()),
lang.getTitle(), lang.getShortTitle(),
StringUtils.join(lang.getKeywords(), ","));

If it is necessary, I could raise a bug for this and provide a patch.

-James Liao

On 6/28/05, Wolfgang Miller-Reichling <womi@webde-ag.de> wrote:
> taylor@apache.org wrote:
> > --- portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/services/title/DynamicTitleServiceImpl.java
(original)
> > +++ portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/portal/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/services/title/DynamicTitleServiceImpl.java
Mon Jun 27 22:40:09 2005