From "R.T.H.Chin" <r.t.h.c...@tbm.tudelft.nl>
Subject JS1.6 JSR168 portlets: cannot get username
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:42:50 GMT
Hi,

I am developing some portlets for Jetspeed1.6 according to the Java
Portlet Specification. Everything works fine except for one thing: I
cannot get the username of the client. These all return null:

request.getAuthType();
request.getRemoteUser();
request.getUserPrincipal();

On the other hand this works fine:

Map userInfo = (Map) request.getAttribute(PortletRequest.USER_INFO);

However, as far as I know I can only use this to retreive
user.name.given, user.name.family etc. but no username. I need the
username to store a unique identifier for a user, for example when
making forum posts.

Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Roy Chin