From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject MENUS_BRANCH committed
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:37:56 GMT
Gang,

As you can see, I have finally committed the work on M4 menus into its
own SVN branch. While it is not "done", it was important that this
component and its integration into J2 get more eyes and hands on it.
Thanks to David for beating me over the head until I got it committed!

While almost all of the supporting functionality is in place, the "last
mile" of the modification is not complete: the decorators. At the
moment, all of the decorators are running in compatibility mode and are
not using the new menu features of the portal-site component. I plan on
adding menu support to the tigris decorators later today/tonight. I am
hoping someone can pick up a JSCookMenu implementation while I keep
messing around under the portal-site covers.

So, you will not see any visible changes, (other than the lack of
deprecated document set support), if you pull this branch until we get
down to actual business of revising the decorators. Of course, the page
selection and page context generation internals have been completely
refactored... so I feel it is time to ask for help.

Randy

Here is the commit log message:

COMMITTED:

- implemented new portal-site component
- added design document for portal-site component
- removed deprecated profiled page context from profiler and page manager
- stripped request page selection implementation from page manager
- tightened access to folders in page manager to require view permission
- expanded page manager support and tests to include PSML menu definitions
- modified page manager internals to include marshal/unmarshal hooks
- changed Castor page mananager implementation to use SAX XML processing
- integrated new portal-site component removing deprecated page mananger support in profiler
valve
- ported portal pages site PSML, removing deprecated document sets

TODO:

- convert tigris decorators to use standard menu definitions from portal-site component
- fix visibilty of hidden pages in portal-site profiled page context compatibility mode
- commit HTML version of design document
- integrate portal-site component into page manager PSML change notification to dump internal
caches
- profile new portal-site component and optimize