From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Need proposal for JS2-255 fix
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:57:01 GMT
Dr. Michael Lipp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very close to really requiring JS2-255 to be fixed now. I think I
> have understood enough to try it myself. However, in order to be able to
> provide an acceptable patch, I'd like your opinion about what to use as
> replacement for "VALUE" in the DB schema. How about "THE_VALUE"?

To summarize, the following tables require modification:

FRAGMENT_PARAMETER
RULE_CRITERION
PA_METADATA_FIELDS
PD_METADATA_FIELDS
PREFERENCE_VALUE
SECURITY_CREDENTIAL

This modification is only required by MySQL MAX DB?

The whole name/value pair terminology is so widely used that Im not even
finding a good synonym for 'value'. Not too happy about "THE_VALUE" but
Im just not coming up with anything else except maybe attribute value or
parameter value, which could be abbreviated to AVALUE, not much better IMO