From "Scott T weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>
Subject NOTICE: Please refrain from cross-posting to both user and dev mailing lists
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:32:20 GMT
I have noticed that lately the cross-posting of messages on both user and
dev is becoming worse.  So I ask that you please stop posting your user
questions on the dev list.  Anything that does not have to do explicitly
with the development of the Jetspeed core should *NOT* be posted to the dev
list.  We developers monitor both lists, in fact in my case both lists go
into the same mailbox.  All you accomplish by cross-posting is to generate
more mail in our inboxes.  The only time a cross-post should happen is in
the case of an announcement regarding project or if the devs feel that a
thread on the dev list is important enough that those subscribing only to
user should know about it.

I think Raphael posted this link,
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html  in response to someone’s
question a couple weeks ago, however I am taking the liberty to re-post it.

I am not trying to be an ass or anything like that.  All I am trying to do
is keep the amount of list spam down to a minimum.

Thank you,
Scott T Weaver