From "Shah Amit" <amit_sha...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 Security
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:17:14 GMT
Hi David,

Looks like that does answer my question. However, in my portlet, based on
the user who has logged on, I want to check if he has permission X, Y, or Z
etc. and based on that, I enable and disable some components, load them
differently etc.

Is that doable ?? Can X, Y, Z be anything other than the standard "view,
maximize, minimize" etc. permissions of portlet ?? Also, how would I access
those permissions from my action classes? (I use struts bridge)

Following is the mapping just for reference ...

<security-constraint>
       <roles>Role J</roles>
       <permissions>P, Q, R</permissions>
</security-constraint>