From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Building bridges.
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:31:20 GMT
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>> <snip> I'm not 100% sure what you plan to do, but if you intend to
>> *move* the current
>> portals-bridges subprojects from the jetspeed-2 repo, you're gonna
>> break the
>> jetspeed-2 build configuration unless you intend to handle that too?
>>

> Yes, I just planned to move portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/portal-bridges/
> to portals/bridges/trunk/
>
> I thought the protal-bridges was a maven sub-project by itself and that
> J2 only has dependencies on the bridges artefact but I can see now that
> bridges doesn't have a top-level project.xml yet so you're right, the
> Jetspeed 2 build would break...
>
>> What I suggested was *only* create the portals-bridges repo itself (no
>> move yet)
>> so I and others can start working on the site documentation. And only
>> after
>> that's done and we are ready for the announcement move the source.
>>

> As far as I know, we just need to move because all projects are on a
> single SVN repository.
> Given the build issue, it's safer to keep portal-bridges where it is
> right now and create in this directory a project.xml and maven.xml that
> can work standalone as well a xdocs directory for hosting the bridges
> site XML sources.
>
> OK with this ?
+1
So we will be working within the J2 repo on this until we think its ready
to standalone: just pretend portals-bridges is a root folder.
I will see if I can refactor the J2 build with a separate goal for building
the bridges. Once we move them, we then only need to remove that goal from the
J2 /project.xml.

Do you have any thoughts on forrest usage: should/can we use it for the bridges
site already?