From "Santiago Urrizola" <chily_lis...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject J2 - Top Search Portlet
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:39:14 GMT
Hi, i need to add a portlet (or a form) to do a search some tables of my
database.
My layour is the defaul layout of jetssped2
       -----------------TOP  -  SEARCH  ------------------
      ---- MENU -----  ------------------------------------

      ---- MENU ----- ------------------------------------

      ---- MENU ----- --------MAIN CONTENT -------

      ---- MENU ----- ------------------------------------

      ---- MENU ----- ------------------------------------

The SEARCH is a simple form, with an input text, where the user enter some
words, and whe search in some tables de result. But i need to display the
result in the MAIN CONTENT, in a portlet in the entire page.
I think to dos this, writing a servlet and hit the servlet when the user
enter a word in the SEARCH FORM,
the servlet do the search and set the result (list) in the session, and then
forward to a psml who display a portlet with the result, the problem is that
the session in the servlet its diferent form the session in the portlet.

Does anyone can help my how to solve this, any idea ?? otherwise to write a
portlet ??

Thanks a lot !!!
Santiago