From Randy Watler <rwat...@finali.com>
Subject Re: J2 Customizer Issues
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:51:20 GMT
David,

I have done some significant cleanup in the PageManager and the Customizer
updates seem to be working for me at this point. I think it is safe to say
that the CastorXmlPageManager version out there now is causing at least some
of the problems you are encountering. Will have a patch in the morning at
some point.

As I replied earlier, the security settings on "/" are preventing you from
viewing the root folder back link after decending into the Public folder. It
is possible to define the access permissions on a folder to be the union of
all of its children's access permissions, but that seems like it might be
too computationally intense to be worth it. I don't know what is best. For
now, you can propagate the current constraints in "/" folder.metadata to its
children and open the permissions on the "/" folder itself to allow guest
access.

I am currently having issues with the SiteBrowserPortlet: it apparently does
not set the JAAS subject before it accesses the PageManager. Since the
access is now checked in the PageManager and Folder access methods, it is
getting SecurityExceptions. I have just started looking into this, but am
taking a break until morning.

Talk to you then,

Randy