From John West <jw...@exnihilo.com>
Subject Re: uploading files from a jsr168 portlet
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:50:52 GMT
It's been a while since I did this, but if I remember correctly you need
to parse each part of the request separately to find the find content.
It's easier to use a pre-made class, and there are several of them.

I've used both the MultipartRequest class from
http://www.servlets.com/cos/ and the FormFile class from Struts
successfully; FormFile in a portlet and MultipartRequest in a servlet.

You should be able to use the same ideas in the portlet situation as you
would in a servlet so a Google search would give you the exact answer
you're looking for.

Good luck.

Thiwanka Wimalasuriya wrote:

>dear all,
>
>i'm trying to upload a file from a jsr168 portlet. but i'm unable to save the uploaded
file.

>the jsp in which i upload the file is below

><%@ page import="com.srilogic.portal.portlets.jsr168.example.PersonalizationPortlet"
%>

><%
>RenderRequest pReq = (RenderRequest)request.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");
>RenderResponse rRes = (RenderResponse)request.getAttribute("javax.portlet.response");
>PortletPreferences pref = pReq.getPreferences();
>PortletURL actionURL = rRes.createActionURL();
>%>
>

><FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="<%=actionURL.toString()%>" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
><INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="myFile" ID="myFile">
><INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="<%=PersonalizationPortlet.CHANGE_IMAGE%>" VALUE="changeImage">
></FORM>

>this is the way i tryied to get the uploaded file from the portlet class. the below is
the relavent part of my "PersonalizationPortlet.java"

--

*John West*
ExNihilo Inc.

Phone 401 621.8277 ext. 25