From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: portal project deployment in WEB-INF/classes vs. WEB-INF/lib
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:45:51 GMT
Randy Watler wrote:

> David,
>

>> I think this is (or was) Maven's standard way of packaging a war file.
>> Im not opposed to changing it, but if you do, please make sure nothing
>> else breaks (such as the hotdeploy goal)
>

> Really? Wow. I have never used WEB-INF/classes for anything other than
> properties files. Ok, I'll look into it more carefully.

try this:

mkdir someproject
cd someproject
maven genapp  (use the default template)
maven war

With the default template, it seems to put your classes in the classes
directory.

The servlet spec clearly allows you to put classes there, its a matter
of best practices and preferences.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software