From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Pane IDs
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:00:47 GMT
Apostolidis Apostolos wrote:

>    Hi all! I am using jetspeed 1.4 along with jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31, JSP
> Portlets. I have defined several panes, which consist of more than one
> portlet. How can i get the paneid from each pane??

There is the pane tag:

<jetspeed:pane name="default" />

which doesn't support getting a pane by id

Or forwward to panes...

to portlet</A>

You know Im really not sure if these features are in 1.4, might be 1.5...

With Velocity: The $jslink API supports:

$jslink.getPaneByName("name")

$jslink.getPaneById("P_12345")

As for iterating over all panes on a PSML page, best to get the current
profile from rundata, get the page from there and iterate over the psml
model.

Check the CVS, there are examples of doing this in both Java and Velocity.
Don't know of any JSP examples

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software