From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: I want to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat without dropping tables in production database ?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:24:27 GMT
Anshu Dureja wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have an existing oracle database for jetspeed2 and now i want to deploy jetspeed2 on
tomcat server without intializing the production database.
>    Is there anything similar to "maven quickStart"  which i can run after "maven allClean
allBuild" to deploy jetspeed2 on tomcat without deleting any data in production database?
>   I have tried "maven jetspeed2:deploy.portal" but it is not working for me because i
don't have "jetspeed.war" file in tomcat\webapps which gets copied into tomcat\webapps folder
when i run "maven quickStart".

> Please let me know if i can do that using anyother maven task.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Anshu

Depends what you want to re-deploy.
Is it the entire portal? portlet applications? a particular component jar?

In general, this builds the entire portal and components and sample
portlet applications:

maven allClean allBuild

then you can update the portal in a number of ways:

cd portal
cp target/jetspeed.war tomcat/webapps/
or
maven catalina:base-shared
or
maven catalina:shared

some of the components have a hotdeploy target (which stil requires
recycling Tomcat)

For portlet apps, just drop them in the deploy directory and they will
automatically redeploy

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software