From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [j2] jsf-demo build and dependencies 'deployment' specific
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:55:28 GMT

On Sep 1, 2004, at 5:30 PM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
>> David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> I think you should have app server specific assembly modules, each
>>> with the appropriate dependencies for that app server.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks
>>>
>> When you say modules, I think you mean what I understand to be maven
>> projects

yes.

I started on a couple named
installation
    -geronimo
    -tomcat4

I may have a patch in a day or two... but may get pulled in other
directions.

>> For example, under jetspeed-2 root, we might have:
>>
>> /assembly-modules
>>    -  tomcat-4
>>     - tomcat-5
>>      - jboss
>>      - weblogic
>
> On second thought, that works great for building the portal, but im
> not sure how that helps my specific problem with building the jsf-demo
> So perhaps it should be:
>
> /portal
>       /assembly-modules
>             / tomcat-4
>             / tomcat-5
>             / jboss
>
> etc
>
> and likewise for each portlet application?

That seems like too much.  I think there's something wrong if an
application won't work on several different servers.  What exactly
happens if you include the dependency and run on tomcat5?

thanks
david jencks