From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [j2] jsf-demo build and dependencies 'deployment' specific
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:28:37 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> I think you should have app server specific assembly modules, each
> with the appropriate dependencies for that app server.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

When you say modules, I think you mean what I understand to be maven
projects
For example, under jetspeed-2 root, we might have:

/assembly-modules
    -  tomcat-4
     - tomcat-5
      - jboss
      - weblogic

etc.

and to build the war file for a specific app server, simply cd to the
appropriate directory and type maven war or maven quickStart

Is that roughly what you are proposing?

If so, I definately like it
It would also help in that we don't need to modify properties to build
for one app server or another
And all app server specific resources could be moved into their
respective projects (modules)