From Jaq Marit <ictr...@slu.edu.ph>
Subject Re: Bread Crumb Navigation Portlet
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:17:53 GMT
A bread crumb in the entire portal is not much of use since the portlets,
panes,
and other components are already organized (and can be customized) in such a
way that navigation is already made very convenient. Besides, you can't expect
that all users will have the same profiles/preferences with regards to the
content of their pages.  I guess, this is one of the major distinctions between
a web site (same content for all users) and a portal (customized content for
every user).

Ifever you need a bread crumb, that should already be associated directly to a
particular portlet.

Just a thought...

Quoting TTelcik@hbf.com.au: