From "Tim Reilly" <tim.rei...@consultant.com>
Subject RE: [j2] database platform support
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 21:43:40 GMT
> Im having a problem with MySQL in that I cannot get this syntax to
> execute (when populating the entities):
> INSERT INTO TABLE (ID, SOME_FK, DESCRIPTION) VALUES (1, SELECT ID FROM
> OTHERTABLE WHERE NAME = 'SOMETHING'), 'test');

Does this work out for you?...

INSERT INTO TABLE (ID, SOME_FK, DESCRIPTION)
SELECT 1, OTHERTABLE.ID, 'test' FROM OTHERTABLE WHERE NAME = 'SOMETHING';

I see insert...select is supported
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/INSERT_SELECT.html

MySQL 4.1 has added subquery/subselect support,
is that the version its not working on?

-TR