From Serge Huber2 <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Maven version required to build J2 ?
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:16:52 GMT
At 10:13 29.03.2004, you wrote:

>I must also say that I'm quite uncomfortable with this Maven dependency
>as it seems to me that it's pretty much like the Turbine of old: a
>moving target you can't really depend upon and it's so damn SLOW !

Hi Raphael,

I haven't had time to test with RC2 yet, but I'm the one that introduced
the Torque Gen stuff. I was looking for a solution to generate SQL schema
creation scripts for most major database without having to rewrite a tool
from scratch, and without having to maintain what seems like an endlessly
growing set of SQL scripts. Torque Gen seemed to fit the bill quite well,
although it had a few issues to be ironed out (such as the Log4j stuff and
some errors in the templates).

But if you know of another tool that would suit J2 better, I'd be the first
interested. Basically we need a way to easily generate SQL schema creation
scripts for most of the major databases.

I think also one of the main problem with the Torque project is that Martin
Poeschl seemed to be the main maintainer of the project, and somebody has
yet to step up to help out in this area.

Regards,
   Serge Huber.