From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [J2] container assembly scripts
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:53:48 GMT

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 06:13  AM, David Le Strat wrote:

> David,
>
> Yes, Groovy rocks.  Just an idea, do you think we
> could used layered components configuration?  Leave
> the default config as we are doing now (in the
> component jar), if someone wants to overwrite the
> configuration they could add the overwriting file in
> WEB-INF/classes.  Not sure how we could combine groovy
> script or overwrite component registration but that
> may be worth looking into.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, I pointed that out in my last email (placing overriding scripts in
the WEB-INF/classes and the JVM will find it for us)
The new scripts will naturally override the default ones based on the
class loader
I don't think 'combining' scripts will be easily attainable

> The other thing we need to figure out is how JMX will
> fit and to which extent will we use it.

Configuration is the next challenge...and I think its time to bring in
the Cornerstone configuration component (hint)
I could see a configuration component supplying all simple properties
used in assembly by other components