From Jun Yang <juny...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [J2] container assembly scripts
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:25:11 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 06:13  AM, David Le Strat wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> Yes, Groovy rocks.  Just an idea, do you think we
>> could used layered components configuration?  Leave
>> the default config as we are doing now (in the
>> component jar), if someone wants to overwrite the
>> configuration they could add the overwriting file in
>> WEB-INF/classes.  Not sure how we could combine groovy
>> script or overwrite component registration but that
>> may be worth looking into.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
> Yes, I pointed that out in my last email (placing overriding scripts
> in the WEB-INF/classes and the JVM will find it for us)
> The new scripts will naturally override the default ones based on the
> class loader
> I don't think 'combining' scripts will be easily attainable
>
>> The other thing we need to figure out is how JMX will
>> fit and to which extent will we use it.
>

> Configuration is the next challenge...and I think its time to bring in
> the Cornerstone configuration component (hint)
> I could see a configuration component supplying all simple properties
> used in assembly by other components

I have to confess that I haven't been able to put in nearly enough
effort on J2.  My job commitments make it hard for me to spare time.  I
was only able to start merging changes that made the simple JMX
integration possible back into Cornerstone.  I will have to catch up
with the great progress made recently and figure out how to use
Cornerstone to help with configuration.

On a side note, we have successfully used Cornerstone in a medium-sized
project that was just completed.  My current project (large) will be
completely built using Cornerstone.  This will be the third project in
my company that uses Cornerstone.

Jun