From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: J2 and weblogic
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:46:26 GMT

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 07:57  AM, Xi Ping Wang wrote:

> Hi, I found taylor had modified PAM to deploy 2 different types to apps
>  in 2003-12-30. And Local PAs do not require a cross context invoker.
> It
> is useful to weblogic.
>
> Had anyone succeeded in deploying J2 on weblogic ?

Yes but there are problems with the local PAs in finding resources
relative to the web application.
After experimenting with Local PAs, I couldn't find a good way to
locate resources without mixing in the PA's resources with the Jetspeed
portal.

Weblogic does support cross-context invocation with no special setup.
I've tested cross-context on Weblogic 8.1, seems to work fine without
any special Weblogic configuration as long as you package everything in
Weblogic distribution format

If you'd like to contribute a Weblogic deployment goal or plugin, I'd
be glad to work with you on that