From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject [J2] OJB broken
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:17:04 GMT
With the replacement of the persistence plugin to the persistence
component, we have introduced a set of OJB-related problems.
It seems that relationships that we're once navigated by OJB, such as a
reference to the Portlet Application from a Portlet, are no longer
correctly configured.

I am now seeing more problems related to OJB:

portletDefinition.getInitParameterSet();

returns null, which has dependably worked for months now

This is a very un-stabilizing  situation, and the build is now going on
week #2 of being down.
Would it be possible to role back the persistence changes, or swap out
the OTM back-end with the PB backend?

Im open to suggestions, but I think it is unacceptable to continue like
this, and to hold up other developers from developing.
This is unfair consideration of others right to contribute.

For each of these tests that fail, before the bug is fixed, there must
be a test case for the failure.

DLS, I know you are also experiencing problems with proxied
relationships.
How is that coming along?

In the future, please, can we fully test components before replacing
them with new implementations.
Fully testing includes running the deployed application.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software