From Roger Ruttimann <roger.ruttim...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: data sources
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:15:49 GMT
I agree that we should put more thoughts into the database topic.
Hypersonic is easy to deploy (no installation required) and a good for J2
demos or validations.

For more complex installations an external db is a must.

Having a clear separation between Web application and database makes it easier
to adapt J2 for different db products.

For the above reasons we should definitely consider a external datasource as
the default db. MySQL would be a good choice.

Roger