From Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Make Pluto Build with MAVEN.
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:46:20 GMT
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Santiago Gala Pérez wrote:

| El martes, 7 octu, 2003, a las 20:33 Europe/Madrid, Jason Kary escribió:
|
| > Hi List,
| >
| > A couple of days ago I submitted a suggestion to 'mavenize'
| > jakarta-pluto.
| > Maven brings a lot more benifits to the project and can generate
| > build.xml
| > files for people who wish to remain using ant.  It would require a bit
| > of
| > directory restructuring.
| >
| > What do people think?  Of course my vote is +1 but I am not an
| > 'official'
| > committer.
| >

| +0
|
| making it actually build under **ix (does not build either under linux
| or Mac OS X) and run under jdk 1.4 would have much higher priority for
| me.
|
| I have not yet managed to run it, privilege reserved for those owning a
| windows box. (and *no*, a shell command file does not work when it
| contains ^M at the end of the lines)
|
| I'm close to it, though, just some jdk 1.4 related exception missing
| currently.

All text (shell) files are "windowized" - wrong linefeeds and some other
problems.

You -actually- only need to change two small places (the ant "bin" file,
starts with #! /bin/sh, remove the space, and some other place, don're
memeber), but try "flip"'ing all the files (and then commit them back into
the repo, please!)..

flip is a program that converts text files between OS's.

Endre.