From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [Pluto] basic architecture
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:45:29 GMT
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Serge Huber wrote:

| Hi Glenn,
|
| Actually I do the same thing in my portal implementation for my software, I
| use the cross context feature of Jahia. So far I've managed to find similar
| features in the following application servers :
|
| - WebLogic (although VERY buggy)
| - Orion Server (works)
| - Tomcat (the best, Craig and Remy did a great job here)
|
| There might be more, so what Pluto will need is "pluggeable" cross context
| dispatcher.

Doesn't ServletContext.getContext() do the job?

JavaDoc, Servlet 2.2:
--------------------
public ServletContext getContext(java.lang.String uripath)

    Returns a ServletContext object that corresponds to a specified URL on
the server.

    This method allows servlets to gain access to the context for various
parts of the server, and as needed obtain RequestDispatcher objects from
the context. The given path must be begin with "/", is interpreted
relative to the server's document root and is matched against the context
roots of other web applications hosted on this container.

    In a security conscious environment, the servlet container may return
null for a given URL.