From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed-2/portal project.xml
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:41:45 GMT
David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote on 18/10/2003 10:28:15 AM:

> On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 05:24  PM, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>
> > David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote on 18/10/2003 10:00:20

> > AM:

> >> Yes, I patched that a few days ago.
> >> Unfortunately Maven is not quite ready for deprecation of
> >> <war.bundle.jar>, and still relies on <war.bundle> for bundling
jars
> >> into the war target, even though it is supposedly deprecated.
> >> Thus Scott had to change it back
> >
> > I don't get it?
> >
> What's not to get. Its either a bug or a mistake on our part

I'm happy for it to be a bug, it's just one we don't know about and can't
reproduce.

> > How is Maven not quite ready for deprecation of war.bundle.jar? As a
> > committer on Maven, if there's somewhere that it's still floating
about
> > and war.bundle isn't provided as well, I'd like to know!
>
> Well try it out. Thats exactly what Im going do right now.

We have a test project for the war plugin that runs daily. It uses the
<war.bundle> property, and has a test to make sure the file is placed in
the correct location.  See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/src/plugins-build/war/src/plugin-test/
. That project is run four times a day automatically and hasn't failed
since being created. I just re-ran it locally and all is ok.

> I was quite surprised too when Scott told me that I broke the build
> with a seemingly innocuous deprecation fix
Can you help me pin this down?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting