From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JETSPEED 2] using commons Digetser/Betwixt as an eventual re plac ement for Castor
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:52:28 GMT
On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 08:50 PM, Weaver, Scott wrote:

> Hi Robert,

hi scott

> Well, I was having trouble with betwixt mapping correctly.  Unfortunately,
>  I could not find any good examples of a semi-complicated object
> model/xml mapping for betwixt.  Digester seemed quite a bit more straight
> forward in its "pure" form as opposed to using betwixt on top of it.
> Plus I was able to find a couple of articles on Digester on the web that
> were very helpful.
>
> However, if you have any experience with betwixt I would me more than
> happy to convert the digester version I'm working on to betwixt with your
> help.

i work on both betwixt and digester. betwixt does some pretty cool and
complex stuff but is still very much an alpha. i'd recommend sticking with
digester.

if you need a generative mapper (start-from-schema rather than
start-from-java) then you might like to look at xml-beans (but it's
probably more complex than digester).

- robert