From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: [JETSPEED 2] using commons Digetser/Betwixt as an eventual re plac ement for Castor
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:08:08 GMT
> i work on both betwixt and digester. betwixt does some pretty cool and
> complex stuff but is still very much an alpha. i'd recommend sticking with
> digester.

Thanks, I definitely want to use betwixt.  I think some more extensive documentation, or just
more examples would be helpful.  Plus it would nice to know what all you can do within the
.betwixt file.  Right now, it is not very clear what the full syntax of the .betwixt file
is.  However, could I not use the same rules I created for my digester within the BeanReader,
since BeanReader actually implements Digster, correct?

Maybe if I have sometime, I could send you what my digester implementation looks like and
you could give me some tips on converting it to betwixt.

> if you need a generative mapper (start-from-schema rather than
> start-from-java) then you might like to look at xml-beans (but it's
> probably more complex than digester).

I looked at xml-beans, even went as far as to run the generator over the portlet.xml schema.
 It seemed to me to be overkill, plus I couldn't find an easy way to integrate xml-beans with
an existing object model.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver    o---------------O
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project    |