From "Fletcher, Boyd C. J9C534" <Boyd.Fletc...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: [Vote] Jetspeed 1.4 Release
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:31:53 GMT

that's why putting them in 1.5 might be best. but a drag-n-drop customizer would be a huge
improvement

> > i think its nearly ready. Before releasing 1.4 we should to do the
> > following things:
> >
> > 1) resolve all bugs (may not include fixing them)
>
> My plan is to document all known bugs/issues. I am not aware
> of any show stoppers. Are you?

no. just a general statement based on number of items in bugzilla.

> > 2) improve the included themes for Jetspeed. We need more
> professional
> > looking themes. Need to make the default configuration more
> refined
> > and more useful.
>
> Nice to have but IMO not a must for the final release.

really disagree here. a good clean slick GUI can do more to sell a product than all the technical
underpinnings combined. additionally, a slick GUI greatly enhances the usability of a product.

> > 3) merge David's Tutorial on Jetspeed with the current
> documentation
> > to create a complete documentation set.
>
> That is David's call. I don't think he'll have time to do
> this in the near future.

see below.

> > 4) improve the documentation particularly with respect to PSML
> > management. Need sections a user guide section, admin guide, and
> > developers/customizers guide.
> >

> We'll need volunteers with good technical writing skills.
> Sometimes, developers are not the best technical writers (I
> know I'm not).

I volunteer. though I'm a big fan of just using XML most people want some that prints nicely
like PDF.

> > probably upgrading to turbine 2.3 would be a good idea for
> 1.5 along
> > with David's and Cisco's improvements.
> >

> I agree. It's too risky at this point.
>
> Boyd,
>
> Do you have any time that you can contribute helping out with
> the final release?

yep. absolutely!