From "Fletcher, Boyd C. J9C534" <Boyd.Fletc...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: [Vote] Jetspeed 1.4 Release
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 03:59:33 GMT
I think new drag-n-drop customizer and dbpsml enhancements really bring
Jetspeed to a higher level competitively with respect to the other
portals.

What about this as a timeline:

0) On Oct 24th, put a temporary halt on JS2 development by core
developers (lock cvs). Start preparation for 1.4 release. Feature
Freeze, clean up documentation, resolve (does not necesssarily mean fix)
any outstanding bugs.
1) tag 1.4b5 on Nov 3rd.
2) release of 1.4 week of Nov 17th. restart JS2 development
3) release of 1.5b1 around Dec 9th with new additions (CISCO and others)

4) release of 1.5b2 mid January
5) release of 1.5 sometime in mid Feb.
6) Immediately after release of 1.5, end all 1.x development except for
any critical bug/security fixes.
7) Spend resources on getting 2.0 out the door.

If the CISCO enchancements work, it would be ashame to wait for 6+
months for another official release.

boyd