From Santiago Gala PĆ©rez <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Pluto Build Process.
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:02:34 GMT

El martes, 7 octu, 2003, a las 15:57 Europe/Madrid, Jason Kary escribiĆ³:

> Maven seems to be better at dependency management.  In addition there
> are a
> lot more tools one can use with maven.

Not that I disagree with having Pluto mavenized, but I would rather say
"dependency hiding" than "dependency management". What maven usually
does is to download in the background everything needed.

This is one of the things I don't like about maven. This, and the fact
that it means hanging on a beta for building the project.

I would prefer a dual setup, where ant tasks can be called "by hand" or
handed to maven. Just my two cents.

Santiago