From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 and MVC idea
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:52:06 GMT
Hello Todd,

Here is my rationale.  Jetspeed 2 is a portal
framework, and how you do MVC in your portlets does
not really have much to do with the portal framework.
With JSR168, your portlets can be deployed to any
other portal engine, so why would you want to tie the
portlet implementation to the portal framework?  If
you create a calendar portlet, wouldn't it make more
sense to be able to deploy it independently of the
portal engine?

For some Jetspeed specific portlets designed to
provide portal management support, you will have to
consume Jetspeed services, in any other case, I am not
sure why you would want to hook your portlets to the
Jetspeed engine.

Regards,

David.