From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 development
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:39:45 GMT
Prabhu,

The JSR you mention is JSR94 and has been in public
review since September 2002.  In any case, I am not
sure we have to write the tool. We need to write the
Jetspeed hooks to the personalization engine.  A rule
engine like Drools is on its way to JSR94 and should
be able to be exposed to Jetspeed as a rule engine
service (or whatever other rule engine, we could
create a wrapper for the rules engine or really on the
JSR94 api).  The challenge I see is tiing the rules
being deployed to their runtime lifecycle.

In many personalization engines, the initial rule
template is created at development time and managed at
runtime.

At development time, you create a rule that say and
tie it to some code, jsp tag lib, code, whatever:

Show content to User X with Attribute Y and Z.

At runtime, the business user changes this to:

Show content to User in Group X with Attribute X1 and
Z2.

Now, we need to tie the two and maintain the
relationship between runtime and deployment.  Do you
have experience with this. I think this is where the
difficult part of the work is.  Thoughts?

David.

--- Prabhu Kapaleeswaran <PKapaleeswaran@ifc.org>