From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 development
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:11:29 GMT
Jeff,

Making it non-developer friendly is a matter of
creating a front end that converts the programming
semantic of a rule into plain english.  And this would
require quite a bit of work.  The rule created in the
front would be converted into a ruleset no matter what
and interpreted at runtime.  In BEA, the pretty front
end gets converted into a rule files (extension .sel)
which is an XML file that follow the same kind of
syntax as the Drool rule engine.

We could start with exposing some simple rules from
the rule engine to the user and mature it as we go.

Just some thoughts.

David.