From michal urbanski <murban...@2paths.com>
Subject single sign-on with tomcat4
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:59:26 GMT
Hello all,

I'm hoping this is the correct forum to be asking these questions; if
jetspeed-user is more appropriate, please let me know.

Has anyone gotten jetspeed (I'm using 1.4b4) working with tomcat's
single sign-on mechanism?

I'm trying to embed different webapps' views in portlets, but
authentication using all of the different system is leading to some
pretty nasty situations. Ideally, I'd like jetspeed to auth the user,
then have that auth carry over into the different webapps being
presented through the portlets.

Getting half of this working wasn't difficult...  I've changed the form
on login.vm to send the data through tomcat4, and that works correctly.
I've made what I feel are the necessary changes to web.xml to protect
everything under jetspeed/portal, and to refer to the appropriate login
page. However, once login is done, I can't jetspeed both recognize the
new credentials and forward to the portal itself.

I've changed Turbine's DefaultTurbineRunData.getUserFromSession() to get
the correct user, but forwarding still doesn't work. Any
ideas/suggestions?

If I do get this working, is anyone interested in the results?

cheers,
__michal urbanski