From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject JETSPEED2 - Profile Property Management Proposal
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:07:21 GMT
All,

As a follow up to a discussion thread I initiated a
little while ago (cf.
http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg07721.html),
around profile management, I have gone back to work
and have developed a profile/profile properties
management service as outlined in the enclosed
proposal document (given the limitation of the
attachment, I send the high level proposal for now,
details should be soon avaible through CVS).

I have also partially implemented this proposal (90%
complete) and have been working with Scott to make it
available in a contrib directory in the Jetspeed 2
tree (code + proposal).

This is currently not integrated with the rest of J2
though it relies on core J2 components (service
framework (fulcrum for now, CPS when it is ready),
persistence plugin, etc.).

I am looking forward to your feedback on this.

Regards,

David Le Strat.