From "Stuart Belden" <SBel...@bjc.org>
Subject Re: Database application howto?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:25:23 GMT
We found torque inadequate for our purposes; we use jdbc/ejbs for all our db driven portlets,
with the connection pool managed by WebSphere.  We let Torque do the Jetspeed related work,
which works out fine.

It didn't help that Torque didn't work with DB2, as well. (see http://stumod.com/jetspeed/)

stu

>>> ponderh@yahoo.com 09/18/03 02:36AM >>>
All,

As you know, Jetspeed uses Turbine as its core
framework, and Torque as the persistent layer. I just
took a look at Turbine and Torque, but doubt comes
on...

According to Torque's document online, we can develop
VERY simple database applications, but if I need to
operate several tables during a transaction/at one
time, how to??? Another, it seems Torque doesn't
provide transaction, such as rollback, commit(maybe
it's auto-commit).

Is there any document covers its database connection
pool management? how to use its connection pool?

Finally, I just want to know what's the best way to
develop DB-based applications in Jetspeed. Use JDBC
pool provided by Torque or do it by myself?

thanks,