From nick the mytilian <athan...@csd.uoc.gr>
Subject Parameters in the Customize Pane
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:05:51 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to define a new parameter that is shown on the Customize
pane of my JSP portlet.Where are the variables of the Customize pane of a
portlet defined?

I have a JSP portlet in my application, and i want whenever the user
clicks to the Customize pane, then he can  set a parameter that the jsp
template can manipulate.

In the .xreg file i have added the <parameter/> tag.

and in my jsp template i have put the appropriate code (copy paste from
the parameter-demo-portlet.jsp portlet:

RunData data = (RunData)request.getAttribute("rundata");
Portlet portlet = (Portlet)request.getAttribute("portlet");
if (portlet != null)
{
    Hashtable parms = new Hashtable();
    parms.putAll(portlet.getPortletConfig().getInitParameters());
    for (Enumeration e = parms.keys(); e.hasMoreElements(); )
    {
        String key = (String) e.nextElement();
        String value = (String) parms.get(key);
%>
<TR>
<TD><%=key%></TD>
<TD><%=value%></TD>
</TR>
<%
    }
}

%>

After installing, i click in the Customize pane, but i cannot see the NEW
parameters added (either in the jsp template).

Where am I wrong?
Any ideas, please?

Thanks in advance,
Nik...