From A...@fidm.com
Subject Implementing Jetspeed using LDAP
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:28:13 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a project where we will use Jetspeed to build a portal. We
need to use LDAP for authentication and I am planning to use LDAP to store
authorization information too.

The user authentication portion of the LDAP will be populated by other
program so we will not add new users via the Jetspeed framework.   Now,
some questions.

1.  Can I merge the jetspeed LDAP tree with the existing trees so the
authentication and authorization can be under the same branch.   I notice
the default implementation is cn/ldapadmin%ou/jetspeed%o/apache.  If so,
what do I need to do?  What will the related registries look like?
2.  If I can not merge, then, can I use one tree to authenticate and
another branch of tree to store authorization information?  What do I need
to do?  What will the related registries look like?
3.  If I can't merge, when is the best time to populate the authorization
portion of the LDAP?  Should I simulate add new user or should I do it
when user first logon?  What do I configure the registry for this?
4. Is the services.ldap.managerdn registry entry used to provide suffix to
authentication or authorization or both?

Thank you,
Alex