From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Have the Castor 0.9.3 sources?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:51:39 GMT

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 02:12  PM, gbs wrote:

> I have a partial answer here.  I've been able to get the castor
> 0.9.4.2 sources from exolab.org's cvs.  The jars compile up cleanly
> and were used to  rebuild the data binding classes in jetspeed.
> Jetspeed appears to run without problem using castor 0.9.4.2, although
> I did not cactus it yet.
> As a result, for anyone running into problems with castor 0.9.3 with
> jetspeed, you might consider trying castor 0.9.4.2.  Going with the
> latest version of castor, which is version 0.9.5 at the time of this
> writing, generated null pointer exceptions.

IM surprised to hear that Castor does not label all of their releases
in CVS.
See

http://project.exolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/castor/
?cvsroot=castor&only_with_tag=tag_0_9_4_2

branches are only labeled back to 0.9.4.2
Im sorry but we don't have the source

With 0.9.4.2, have you tried running the complete unit tests suite?
Let us know if it passes with 0.9.4.2

  Regarding 0.9.5, we have a real problem.
Jetspeed is broken with 0.9.5, and I see no easy fix.
I spent several hours looking into this, and it appears the way we
un-marshall registries and PSML is broken with 0.9.5

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software