From "Pernoud Aurelien" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject Trouble with the new logging service ?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:21:12 GMT

Hi there, I'm using latests CVS and having "somtimes" trouble with the init of the logging
service :

(!) NOTICE: ServiceBroker: LoggingService enabled.
(!) NOTICE: Turbine: init() failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLogFactoryService.init(JetspeedLogFactoryService.java:136)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLogFactoryService.init(JetspeedLogFactoryService.java:121)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLogFactoryService.getLogger(JetspeedLogFactoryService.java:196)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLoggingService.<clinit>(JetspeedLoggingService.java:97)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInitableBroker.java:257)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: A class referenced by org.apache.jetspeed.services.logging.JetspeedLoggingService
is unavailable. Check your jars and classes.
	at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInitableBroker.java:295)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.initClass(BaseInitableBroker.java:145)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initService(BaseServiceBroker.java:139)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineServices.initPrimaryServices(TurbineServices.java:204)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:247)

I restart Tomcat and everything goes fine. I've seen this twice since the move to latest CVS.

Did anyone else noticed it, or have an idea ?

Aurelien