From "Pernoud Aurelien" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: WebClippingPortlet
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:21:16 GMT

Marco Mari a écrit :

>> I didn't test it but if I understand how it works, everytime
> the page >you
> try to "clip" changes, you have to change your xreg isn't it ?
>
> If the page completely changes, the clipping will fail, but for usual
> changes the clipping is still good. This is because in the parameters
> you can specify also attributes. Example:
> in the page there's: table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"
> width="100%" You can set: startTag1="table border=0 cellspacing=0
> cellpadding=2 width=100%"
>
> If some content (internal or external to the table) changes, but the
> definition of the table remains the same, the clipping is still valid.
> A "secure" page could be Js home page, or Altavista home page (both
> included in the examples), or a local html page (ie:
> /clip-examples/example.html).

If the content changes it works, but what if the table itself changes with just one more attribute,
or a completely different rendering of a portal (I've never seen a portal never changing its
pages, even "stable" one like Google...
I'm +1 on integrating local pages that we are sure won't change.

Aurelien