From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: future development of jetspeed
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:49:32 GMT

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 11:21  AM, <mail@felixguntrum.de>
wrote:

> Hi mailinlist,
>
> First of all, sorry for my english ..
>
> I write my diploma thesis about Jetspeed and I need informations about
> the future development of this project and the latest news about the
> JSR
> 168.
>
> When can we expect the next release of Jetspeed, 2.0? what are the
> changes, how about future prove of investment? how about the
> pluto-integration, the reference implementation of portlet-runtime?
> Integration of WSRP?

Jetspeed 2.0 has been stalled for a short time due mostly to the core
team needing to finish work on other projects.
There are also some issues with the Pluto project, which Jetspeed 2.0
uses as its portlet container.
We almost have all votes for Pluto's acceptance into Jakarta's project
incubator, but there are some politics involved still blocking
acceptance.

An initial of release for J2 would probably be sometime 1Q 2004.
WSRP support is expected, but first goal is JSR 168 support.

As for Jetspeed-1, I'd like to propose a final 1.5 release by around
November 1 2003

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software