From "Marco Mari" <dr...@tiscali.it>
Subject RE: WebClippingPortlet
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:11:27 GMT
>I didn't test it but if I understand how it works, everytime the page >you
try to "clip" changes, you have to change your xreg isn't it ?

If the page completely changes, the clipping will fail, but for usual changes
the clipping is still good. This is because in the parameters you can specify
also attributes. Example:
in the page there's: table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%"
You can set: startTag1="table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 width=100%"

If some content (internal or external to the table) changes, but the definition
of the table remains the same, the clipping is still valid.
A "secure" page could be Js home page, or Altavista home page (both included
in the examples), or a local html page (ie: /clip-examples/example.html).

Regards,

Marco

If so, commiting the source is a good idea, but not commiting xreg files,
or at least not put them into defaul
> psml, cause everytimes someone tries jetspeed with an old xreg clip file
and a new web site, it won't work...

As the documentation seems good, I'm personnally +1 on integrating the portlets
source/docs, 0 on integrating xreg sample, and -1 on putti
>g them on default psml, except if you can find one sample page that will
never change.
My 0 is because if samples are in xreg, someone will have to maintain it...

Aurelien
PS for Mark : I've done some works on tabs skinning (for the moment 3 parts
>, I'm learning how to use cvs in eclipse (don't want to mess it), and I'll
try to commit some stuff ASAP.