From Zufeng Huang <pond...@yahoo.com>
Subject Database application howto?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:36:52 GMT
All,

As you know, Jetspeed uses Turbine as its core
framework, and Torque as the persistent layer. I just
took a look at Turbine and Torque, but doubt comes
on...

According to Torque's document online, we can develop
VERY simple database applications, but if I need to
operate several tables during a transaction/at one
time, how to??? Another, it seems Torque doesn't
provide transaction, such as rollback, commit(maybe
it's auto-commit).

Is there any document covers its database connection
pool management? how to use its connection pool?

Finally, I just want to know what's the best way to
develop DB-based applications in Jetspeed. Use JDBC
pool provided by Torque or do it by myself?

thanks,